Meet Dr. Curcione
Dr. Peter J. Curcione
is a board certified orthopedic surgeon and a partner in the Athletic Orthopedic Reconstruction Center. With offices in Fort Myers and Lehigh Acres, Curcione has served patients in Southwest Florida since 1997.
His specialty training and interests include joint replacement surgery, including minimally- invasive procedures such as the anterior approach to hip replacement.
In addition, Curcione is experienced and trained in treating disorders of the shoulder and the hand, including fracture care, carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis care and reconstructive surgery of the hand.
He is trained in arthroscopic shoulder surgery, specifically, all arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs and ligament repairs, as well as arthroscopic reconstruction of the shoulder. He takes great care to keep up to date with the most cutting-edge technologies and procedures, so that, he can optimally serve his patients.
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- American Osteopathic Association
- Lee County Medical Society
- Michigan Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons
- Michigan Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedic Surgery
- Florida Everblades Hockey Team
- Fort Myers Miracle Baseball Team
- Lehigh Senior High School
Your musculoskeletal system, which comprises 206 bones that are connected by joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons and nerves, protects your internal organs, supports your weight, and allows you to move. It's a complex, interdependent system where even a minor disruption can result in discomfort.